Senior Managing Partner
Area of practice
Barrister Nico Halle is a renowned Advocate of Human Rights and Liberties, Good Governance and Democracy and also a seasoned Elections Monitoring Expert. As a pioneer member of the defunct National Elections Observatory of Cameroon (ONEL), he successfully supervised and controlled the 2002 Twin Municipal & Legislative Elections in Cameroon, the 2004 Presidential Elections in Cameroon and the 2007 Twin Municipal & Legislative Elections in Cameroon. He has also monitored elections in other countries and was part of the African Union Observer Mission that monitored the Second Round Presidential Elections in Zimbabwe which held on June 27, 2008, on the invitation of the Chairman of the African Union following his track record in this domain.
He has received several National and International distinctions, amongst which are many MAN OF THE YEAR AWARDS in different spheres. He also gives lectures in several Institutions of Higher learning and professional establishments. He is often invited as guest speaker at several workshops, symposiums and conferences both nationally and internationally.
– He has trained and continues to train several I.P. Attorneys who operate within OAPI.
Areas of competence
Intellectual Property, Telecommunications/Internet Technology Law, Corporate Law, Mining Law, Advocate of Human Rights, Maritime Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration), Civil Aviation Law, Banking and Finance Law, Natural Resources, Real Estate, Commercial Law, Mergers, Conveyancing, Succession and Wills, Family Counselling, Privatisation, Insurance and Re-insurance and Contract Law
- Member of Commercial Law Affiliates.
- Member of European Lawyers Association.
- Member of the American Bar (Forster-Long INC).
- Member of American Bank Attorneys.
- Co-editor of Euromoney Publication.
- Correspondent and Adviser World Market Research Centre
- Member International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).
- Member of London Court of Arbitration.
- Author of many Articles published in International Legal Updates.
- Member of International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the International Who’s Who Historical Society.
- Former Member of the Defunct National Elections Observatory of Cameroon (ONEL).
- Former Chairman of the Transitional Advisory Team (TAT) of the All Africa Conference of Churches (AACC).
- Vice President of AMOAPI i.e. The Association of Accredited Attorneys at the African Intellectual Property Organisation (OAPI).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Denis Ekani Intellectual Property Training Centre at the African Intellectual Property Organisation (OAPI).